1. Keywords Keywords: If your resume does not repeat the right keywords (or search terms) numerous times searchers are unlikely to find it. It’s a sad fact but resumes are ranked based on how many times they repeat the right keywords.
2. Critical Keywords: Job Titles/Job Descriptions: When recruiters and hiring managers search for candidates they use the major definitive elements of the job. Keywords are not cross-functional multi-tasking interpersonal skills or other nice-to-include descriptive jargon. Those are good to have somewhere (if relevant) but only once or twice at most.
Instead your resume should repeat basic core search terms. Job titles – creative director business analyst CFO. Job descriptions – creative direction business process analysis corporate finance. These should be repeated in your resume s headline opening section every job description – wherever you can fit them.
3. Synonyms : You don t know exactly which keywords your dream employer uses. So to cover all the bases you also need synonyms: comparable titles and parallel job descriptions.
Here s a good keyword-loaded job description opener: Promoted from Software Developer to Senior Software Developer to serve as lead programmer / analyst for major software development / software engineering projects.
4. Qualifications Summaries: Another way to up your keyword count: opening summaries. These enable your resume to highlight your most relevant strengths immediately – and also offer another opportunity to reiterate keywords.
5. Resume Keyword Lists: Finally list specific terms. It s a perfect way to showcase your diverse skills and add even more keywords. You don t have to name it a nerdy Keywords. Label your table Strengths or Expertise listing 3-4 keywords per line in a professional organized appearance.
6. Readability and attractiveness: Make it very presentable use the fonts and sizes which are popular and professional.
7. Certifications: List the Related Certifications this goes long way.
8. Hobbies: Avoid personal hobbies on the resume.
9. Personalization: Customize the resume for the requirement (Highlight the points which suit the requirement).
10. Contact Details: List the best email address where you can respond quick and phone numbers (two are good).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.