You are currently browsing the archives for the Tips to Employers category.
Archive for the 'Tips to Employers' Category
Lucid Jobs Introduces Social Media Recruiting tools
Social Media Recruiting is fast growing trend. You would have heard a lot by now from your associations or
presentations or talk shows or other sources etc.. but are you using all the tools available in searching for candidates?
Why Social media for recruiting?
Advantages of using social media for recruiting are, you can reach and capture the perfect mix of active
and passive candidates,share and distribute your jobs to larger audience pool, candidates from friends, referrals and networking. Integrating social media into recruiting is easy by using Lucid Jobs we have add all the required tools to get qualified resources.
Try our new tools on LucidJobs to distribute your jobs on Facebook, Twitter, Buzz and Linkedin etc. It is completely free!
Communicate effectively with a well-written Job Posting to attract job seekers.
As your Job post travel’s to various places like Twitter, Google, SimplyHired, Indeed & more. It is very important to craft a well designed job post to attract qualified profiles.
Title: Job Title is a form of advertising to reach your audience. Keep the Title short Precise and readable. People prefer to search for position title or designation they have held in past (E.g.: Java developer can get your more java resource compared software developer, software developer might not even show up in searches on search engines). It is powerful and must be used to their fullest advantage to attract resumes from different sources.
Location: Give exact location so that you can attract local resources who are readily available to take up the Job (you can enter address to be precise of the location, job posts integrated with Google maps when address is entered).
Industry: Mention the Industries you might fall into as some people only search for certain industries.
Immigration Information: Many people from outside the US want to come work in the United States or with In US with out proper employment authorization. Please specify Immigration Information within your job posting. Kind of work authorization you are looking for or any specific clearances or if you are ok to accept foreign applicants. By doing this you not only limit the number of applications that you need to sort through and respond to but you will also prevent excited job seekers from various sources from having false hopes of getting a job in your company.
Salary: It is always good to mention salary so you can avoid some of the questions and also it helps people who are skeptical about pay.
Description: Writing your job descriptions is a critical to your job post. If you write your job description poorly you could find yourself overwhelmed with unqualified candidates or it could result in too few responses. The more information you provide in your Job Posting the fewer questions you will have to answer from interested applicants about the job. This job description is submitted to all search engines out there to attract the job seekers.
Lucid Jobs Employer Application Tracking System (ATS): Welcome to Lucid Jobs Application Tracking System. This will allow you to work from anywhere and keep all the data organized.
1.1 Activity: This tab records all the activities you on Lucid Jobs such as posting jobs or changing candidate status or adding an event etc. You can refer back to it to keep a track of all the activities.
1.2 Notepad: You can make notes on ATS notepad to easily access back anytime you are online..
1.3 Calendar: Organizing your schedule should be easy with Lucid Jobs ATS Calendar. It is easy to keep a track of events such as interviews and meetings all in one place. You can import or export events from/to other calendars.
1.4 Memo: You can share your memo with your colleagues to convey message. We will group all your colleagues based on their Email IDs and URL in the registration page. Only the poster can edit or delete the memo.
1.5 Recent Hires: Here you can view a list of recent hires you have made with their contact details for quick reference.
1.6 Graph: Reports are generated in two formats: Line graph and Pie chart, with all the data of resumes you are working on.
1.7 Candidate Name Search: Search for candidate using their first name or last name. From the results page, you can filter out the undesired results by deselecting the check boxes on left panel in the results window.
1.8 Job ID Search: Search for candidate using a job id to get the applications for a particular job. From the results page, you can filter out the undesired results by deselecting the check boxes on left panel in the results window.
1.9 Job Title Search: Search for candidate using a job title to get the applications for similar jobs. From the results page, you can filter out the undesired results by deselecting the check boxes on left panel in the results window.
1.10 Tags Search: Search for candidate using tags to get the applications that contain the keywords . From the results page, you can filter out the undesired results by deselecting the check boxes on left panel in the results window.
1.11 Left Panel: The Left panel on the results window consists of 5 options: Rating, Updated in, Application Status, Contact Status and Job Title.
* Rating: You can sort the application by rating assigned.
* Updated in: It gives you an option to check the resumes received within a period of time.
* Application Status: It gives you an option to narrow your search results depending on application status.
* Contact Status: It gives you an option to narrow your search results depending on contact status.
* Job Title: It gives you an option to narrow your search results for a particular job.
1.12 ATS Detail Page: ATS detail page will have the contact details of the candidate along with cover letter and resume. The activities you can carry out with applications you have received are as follows:
* Add Tags: You can add tags so that you can easy search resumes with those tags.
* Application Status: You can change the application status from new to other status (Reviewing, Contacted, Decline, Shortlisted, Submitted, Interview, Offer Made, Not in Consideration and Client Declined).
* Contact Status: You can record contact status so that when you come back to this page you have the record of contact status.
* Assign to: Assign to” is to share the resume between your colleagues / clients who are registered users of Lucid Jobs- all you need is their User ID (Email ID) on Lucid Jobs.
* Email Candidate: You can email a candidate from here directly and the activity is recorded to the activities section.
* Schedule an Appointment: You can schedule an appointment for this candidate It will automatically update in both your calendar and the candidate calendar.
* Delete Candidate: You can delete a candidate to remove from your database.
* Notes: You can add notes to this candidate. If you mark it private, it will not be shared with candidate but will be shared between recruiters who have been assigned to. It will be easy to track the notes when someone new person is assigned to this resume.
* Candidate Rating: You can rate this candidate based on his resume or conversation with him.
* Cover Letter: This is the cover letter from candidate which was captured while the application was submitted. This data is captured at submission, we cannot edit this information.
* Resume: This is the resume from candidate which was captured while the application was submitted. This data is captured at submission, we cannot edit this information.
* Job Description: This is the job description that was posted for this job.
* History: History will automatically log all the activities (Application Status, Contact Status, Assign to, Email Candidate, Schedule an Appointment, Notes and rating) from the time candidate is sourced.